The Luminous Harmony: Moonstone and 925 Silver


The ethereal allure of the moonstone, fused with the timeless elegance of 925 silver, crafts an exquisite mélange that's not only aesthetically striking but also steeped in deep historical and cultural significance. As we delve into the captivating world of moonstones, we'll explore their profound symbolism, compelling narratives, and their timeless alliance with silver, all intertwined with Australia's rich cultural heritage.

The Enchanting Moonstone

Moonstones, named for their otherworldly shimmer that mirrors the celestial body they're named after, emanate an aura that is both mystical and serene. This mesmerizing glow, called adolescence, lends the moonstone its unique appeal, making it seem as if the moon's own energy is captured within.

This beautiful gemstone is revered across many cultures around the world. The ancient Romans viewed it as an embodiment of their moon goddess, Diana, symbolizing her wisdom, love, and protection. In India, it is considered a sacred stone, believed to bring good fortune and success in love.

Moonstones are often associated with inner growth and strength, providing soothing energy that aids emotional instability and stress. They are believed to enhance intuition, inspiration, success and good fortune in love and business matters. Traditionally, moonstones are the birthstones for those born in June and are also gifted on the 13th anniversary of marriages.

Moonstone in Australia

Closer to home, moonstones hold a special place in Aboriginal mythology and folklore. They are believed to embody the spirit of the moon, a powerful celestial being revered by the indigenous people. According to Aboriginal Dreamtime stories, the moon watched over the land and its people, providing them with the wisdom and guidance they needed to live in harmony with the world around them.

In the Australian gemstone market, moonstones have carved out a significant niche, primarily due to their intriguing attributes and the rich cultural associations they carry. Moonstones are commonly sourced from the gemstone-rich region of Central Queensland, contributing to Australia's reputation as a vital player in the global gemstone industry.

Moonstone & Silver: A Timeless Duo

The enchanting allure of moonstones is further amplified when set in 925 silver. The fusion of the moonstone's ethereal charm with silver's classic elegance creates a truly timeless piece of jewelry. The '925' in 925 silver indicates that the metal is 92.5% pure silver, with the remaining 7.5% composed of other robust metals, typically copper. This unique blend enhances the strength of silver, making it an ideal material for crafting intricate and delicate jewelry designs.

Celebrity Encounters

Moonstones have not only mesmerized the masses but have also captured the attention of celebrities and style icons. The late Princess Diana, a beloved global fashion icon, was known for her exquisite collection of jewelry, which included a pendant set with a large moonstone. Her timeless elegance shone a spotlight on moonstone jewelry, making it a favorite among many.

Another notable fan of moonstone jewelry is American actress Sarah Jessica Parker, well-known for her role in 'Sex and the City'. Her moonstone earrings have been a statement piece at various public events, subtly highlighting her vibrant persona.


Moonstones, with their enchanting allure and profound symbolism, have fascinated us for centuries. When paired with the classic elegance of 925 silver, they create a truly timeless blend. This fusion transcends ordinary jewelry, embodying a piece of history, a slice of the celestial, and a statement of timeless style. Each time you wear a piece of moonstone jewelry set in gleaming 925 silver, remember, you're not just adorning an accessory; you're donning a story that echoes across time and culture.

Explore the myriad of moonstone offerings in our collection and find the piece that resonates with your personal narrative. Visit our website today, and let your story unfold with each shimmer of your chosen moonstone piece.



Twilight Sterling Silver Moonstone Ring

Lunar Elegance Sterling Silver Gold Moonstone Ring

Silver Moonstone Pendant Necklace

Moonstone Pendant Beaded Pearl Necklace

Sterling Silver Moonstone Ring

Moonstone Earrings Studs

Sterling Silver Moonstone Signet Ring

Back to blog

Leave a comment

Please note, comments need to be approved before they are published.